Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Views

This year for Thanksgiving I would like my son and I to enjoy some time at my Cousin 's house. This year my 22 year old son wants to ''do his own thing.'' I would like to be with my family. However, my son feels like the family members are to distant to him. My cousins are his 2nd cousins and the age gap makes it borring for him. I feel like he is being selfish in this situation. It is true than he has recently met these people so, they're strangers to him. I feel like he should get to know them. He continues to refer to his mediate family as his "family" since he has relationship with this side.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, that is a tough one, Melba. What your son does not realize is that he may one day wish he knew more of his family. However, I think his feelings are fairly normal for his age. Maybe you can both enjoy your separate Thanksgiving choices and be thankful for them. Perhaps, he could make an appearance and then go do his own thing.

    I have a Thanksgiving dilemma because my family (adult children and grandchildren) are spread out. I cannot be with all of them.

    ReplyDelete